APS CEO, Paul BJ Ransbury, was honored to provide the 2020 Industry UPRT Update at the Global Airline Training & Simulation Virtual (GATS-V) Conference in November 2020. His presentation combines the insights of over a dozen surveyed experts on significant advances in Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) for the airline, simulation, and commercial aviation industries. A short statistical Loss of Control In-flight (LOC-I) update is followed by an industry overview focused on UPRT from the perspectives of technology, regulatory affairs, and training evolutions with a view to the future.
In Great Appreciation, with Permission, of All Technical Survey Participants for this Presentation
- Capt. David Carbaugh (Boeing Retired)
- Capt. Bryan Wright (United Airlines – UPRT Program Manager)
- Capt. John Cox (Safety Operating Systems, Retired Airline Captain, Former ALPA Executive Air Safety Chairman)
- Dr. Janeen Kochan (PhD, Designate FAA and EASA Flight Examiner, Retired Airline Captain)
- Capt. Bryan Burks (Alaska Airlines)
- Capt. Brian Sims (Delta Air Lines)
- Capt. Brad Bennetts (South African Airways)
- Capt. Steve Stowe (Air Force Test Pilot School, Retired Airline Captain, Bombardier-Boeing-Mitsubishi Flight Test Pilot)
- Hartmut Fabisch (IATA)
- Capt. Savio Schmitz (Emirates)
- Capt. Clarke McNeace (APS)
- Randall Brooks (APS)
- Tara Singkasa (Specialized Aviation Training Solutions – Thailand)
- Federal Aviation Administration (contributor name(s) protected).